Where God is Allowed His Spirit Works Among His People
The Church Matters – Solutions website was created to:
• demonstrate that indeed church does matter and orthodox Lutheran solutions matter too.
• show how the Lutheran churches are nurtured through sound Biblical and Confessional teaching.
•impress upon the importance of Lutheran History, including the Reformation, plus why Adiaphora and worship practices matter.
Our Objective is to support quality orthodox Lutheran education resources for the laity of Lutheran congregations.
In our humble effort to support quality Orthodox Lutheran education resources, we focus on providing presentations, Bible Studies, books and booklets that can be obtained either by purchase or free download. Some printable items have quite a bit of detail and are thus lengthy. Others have a lot of graphics and are only posted on the site and are available via an email order form. Click here for a flyer that summaries the major contents of the site.
All profits above expenses will be donated bi-annually to Confessional Lutheran organizations that are teaching the laity. Your donations are also helpful to meet our objective. Use the PayPal button below for either donating or paying for items purchased on this site.
October 2017 was the month for celebrating the 500th anniversary of the Reformation. Perhaps you would like to celebrate around October every year. See the Educational Page for more details and ideas stemming from the 2016 LC-MS Convention. Also see the LC-MS Website and search for Reformation. Other websites dealing with the Reformation are: http://lutheranreformation.org/. Additional information can be found on this site at http://churchmatterssolutions.org/studies-concerning-the-reformation/.
Did you know?
- 1980 marked the 450th Anniversary of the presentation of the Augsburg Confession and the 400th Anniversary of the Book of Concord.
- 1983 was the 500th Anniversary of Martin Luther’s birth, which was observed by seven regional churches in then East Germany. This attracted thousands of visitor’s not only from within the socialist-communist countries, but from around the world.
- You can experience some great Reformation music at this link: https://www.whatdoesthismean.org/lifted-voice–brian-hamer/a-mighty-fortress-through-five-centuries.
How This Website Came About
Hi, I’m Gene White, creator of this website. How this site came about is a very interesting path all about how our gracious heavenly Father leads us through life doing His will. Most of the time we don’t even know it. To read the story of the directions God has lead my life since retirement in 1997, click here. Then you’ll see just why Church Matters, matters to me.
Important notice to my friends and supporters. This site needs two things in order for it to carry on into the future; additional contributors, and someone to manage the site. The former need is to provide for additional quality content that is useful to those using the site. The latter is important in that Nov 17, 2018 was my 81th birthday and my ability to continue on with the quality and upkeep of the site is starting to be taxing. So, that said, volunteers are needed to help maintain the site for the laity in future years. Please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org for volunteering or assistance to the site. That help would also extend to publicizing the site so more people know it exists. Thank you.