Lutheran Reading List
- The Lutheran Confessions (The Book of Concord or Concordia: The Lutheran Confessions, A Reader’s Edition of the Book of Concord, CPH)
- Spirituality of the Cross, The Way of the First Evangelicals: by Dr. Gene Vieth, Jr.
- Dying to Live, The Power of Forgiveness, by Harold L. Senkbeil
- Why I am a Lutheran, Jesus at the Center, by Daniel Preus
- The Fire and the Staff, Lutheran Theology in Practice, by Kelmet Preus
- Grace upon Grace, Spirituality for Today, by John W. Kleinig
- Lutheranism 101, Scot A. Kinnaman, Ed
- Lutheran Spirituality, Life as God’s Child, by Robert Baker, Ed.
- God at Work, by Dr. Gene Vieth, Jr.
- The Freedom of the Christian, by Martin Luther
- Zion on the Mississippi, by Walter O. Forrester (The settlement of the Saxon Lutherans in Missouri 1839-1841)
- Government in the Missouri Synod, by Carl S. Mundinger
Specific to Evangelism and Outreach
- Mission from the Cross, (Lay Reader’s Edition), by Klaus Detlev Schutz
- Mission from the Cross, The Lutheran Theology of Mission, by Klaus Detlev Schutz
- Speaking the Gospel Today, by Robert Kolb
This list is not all inclusive, but it is a good place to start.