Where God is Allowed His Spirit Works Among His People
The Church Matters – Solutions website was created:
• to demonstrate that indeed church does matter and solutions matter too.
• to show how the church is nurtured through sound Scriptural teaching.
• to impress upon the importance of and why solid Christian teaching and practices also matter.
To support quality orthodox educational resources for the laity of Lutheran congregations.
In our humble effort to support quality education, we focus on providing presentations, Bible Studies, books and booklets that can be obtained either by purchase or download. Most of these items are free, however, there are some where there is quite a bit of detail and are quite lengthy. We only request a small amount of revenue in order to support the maintenance of the site and internet access. Click here for a flyer that summaries the major contents of the site.
All profits above expenses will be donated bi-annually to Confessional Lutheran organizations that are teaching the laity. Your donations are also helpful to meet this objective. Use the PayPal button below for either donating or paying for items purchased on this site.
We made it! October 2017 is the month for celebrating the 500th anniversary of the Reformation. It is not too late promote this event in your church starting now. Have an event, invite the public, etc. See the Educational Products Page for more details and ideas stemming from the 2016 LC-MS Convention. Also see the LC-MS Website and search for Reformation. Other websites dealing with the Reformation are: http://lutheranreformation.org/, http://www.1517legacy.com/contributors/, and http://herewestillstand.org/about. This last website is for a conference to be held in San Diego, CA on Oct 19, 29 & 21. Additional information can be found on this site on http://churchmatterssolutions.org/studies-concerning-the-reformation/.
Did you know?
- 1980 marked the 450th Anniversary of the presentation of the Augsburg Confession and the 400th Anniversary of the Book of Concord.
- 1983 was the 500th Anniversary of Martin Luther’s birth, which was observed by seven regional churches in then East Germany. This attracted thousands of visitor’s not only from within the socialist-communist countries, but from around the world.
- You can experience some great Reformation music at this link: https://www.whatdoesthismean.org/lifted-voice–brian-hamer/a-mighty-fortress-through-five-centuries.
Hi, I’m Gene White, creator of this website. How this site came about is a very interesting path all about how our gracious heavenly Father leads us through life doing His will. Most of the time we don’t even know it. To read the story of the directions God has lead my life since retirement in 1997, click here. Then you’ll see just why Church Matters, matters to me.
Important notice to my friends and supporters. This site needs two things in order for it to carry on into the future; additional contributors, and someone to manage the site. The former need is to provide for additional quality content that is useful to those using the site. The latter is important in that Nov 17, 2017 was my 80th birthday and my ability to continue on with the quality and upkeep of the site is starting to be taxing. So, that said, volunteers are needed to help maintain the site for the laity in future years. Please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org for volunteering or assistance to the site. That help would also extend to publicizing the site so more people know it exists. Thank you.